Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th April 2007, 13:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,655 Times in 4,464 Posts

Quote:
So that the main point is why I can't access SSL before the installation of ISPConfig.
What is your problem? You can never access anything before it is there. So you can not access ISPConfig on port 81 before you install ISPConfig. I think thats a question of general logic.

Quote:
I can activate the SSL cert. for the first website. For the second website, it can share the SSL of the first website (share IP). It seems that SSL is also no problem.
Above you tell us, that you can not login to ISPConfig and here you tell us, that you have created a website in ISPConfig. How can you crete websites in ISPConfig if you are not able to login...
Sponsored Links
Old 5th April 2007, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
What is your problem? You can never access anything before it is there. So you can not access ISPConfig on port 81 before you install ISPConfig. I think thats a question of general logic.
Sorry! You misunderstand my meaning. I mean that I can't access SSL page by tying https://www.mywebsite.com/ in my browse. It seems that the SSL is no activated. (I have already install the openssl in my server).
This testing is doing at my 3rd times install of the Ubuntu. I just want to test it whether I can access the SSL or not before I go to install the ISPConfig.

Quote:
Above you tell us, that you can not login to ISPConfig and here you tell us, that you have created a website in ISPConfig. How can you crete websites in ISPConfig if you are not able to login...
Sorry for my poor English, it make you misunderstand my problem again. In fact, I can install the ISPConfig to my server. But I choose 1. HTTPS during the installation of ISPConfig, I can't access & login ISPConfig if I install ISPConfig on HTTPS.
If I choose 2. HTTP during the installation of ISPConfig, I can access & login ISPConfig.
This is the problem. I should clarify that I can install ISPConfig but can't access it if I install it on HTTPS.
Why I can create a website in ISPConfig? Because I choose to install it on HTTP.

Besides, for the Fedora 6, I must choose to install ISPConfig on HTTPS, if I install it on HTTP, I can't access & login ISPConfig too.
This is quite strange!

Last edited by catalyst; 5th April 2007 at 14:14.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,655 Times in 4,464 Posts

First, it does not matter if you access ISPConfig by http or https if you want to create a SSL based website, so please dont mix this up.

If your server is in a NAT enviroment behind a router, please make sure that you open port 443. Did you follow one of the perfect setup howtos to install your server?

Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

and

iptables -L
Old 5th April 2007, 14:21

Quote:
First, it does not matter if you access ISPConfig by http or https if you want to create a SSL based website, so please dont mix this up.

If your server is in a NAT enviroment behind a router, please make sure that you open port 443. Did you follow one of the perfect setup howtos to install your server?

Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

and

iptables -L
Yes! port 443 was opened in my router. Firewall in Linux was disabled.
I follow all the Perfect setup of Ubuntu 6.10 and Fedora 6.
I am sure that during the installation of Linux OS, there is no error or mistake generated by me. Because I have installed the Linux OS more that 10 times after I find the problems of setting up ISPConfig & suPHP. Because I don't know how to solve it. So I would like to clarify it there is no error during my installation of the Linux & ISPConfig.

Last edited by catalyst; 5th April 2007 at 14:25.