Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th March 2007, 18:59

Default What Triggers the Registration Email?

Hello,

I've read the docs and I see that the registration email is sent out when a client is created with an email address.

However, since I can make that email also include login information, then it seems to me that email isn't sent out as soon as the first basic customer page is filled out, but sometime after the login information is filled out.

I'm thinking of using the remoting framework to auto-create ISPConfig accounts that match up with Drupal accounts. However, I don't want the user to know that their ISPConfig account has been created until my payment gateway has verified their payment (lots of scammers out there). Ideally, I;d like a big button that says "Send introductory email", but I guess I'm not going to get that

Instead, I was wondering what the exact criteria is that triggers the sending of the introductory email. If I knew that - exactly - then I can build my registration system around it and ensure it doesn't get sent until I'm ready to send it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 30th March 2007, 12:09
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,613 Times in 4,424 Posts

As far as I know, the remoting framework is not triggering the email, so you will have to send a email manually if you want to notify a customer.
Old 30th March 2007, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
As far as I know, the remoting framework is not triggering the email, so you will have to send a email manually if you want to notify a customer.
Ok, that's fine.

How about under normal circumstances without using the remoting framework? When I create a customer, at what triggers the email? When I save the record and there is an email address and a customer login specified for the first time?
Old 31st March 2007, 14:19
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,613 Times in 4,424 Posts

Quote:
How about under normal circumstances without using the remoting framework? When I create a customer, at what triggers the email? When I save the record and there is an email address and a customer login specified for the first time?
If I remember correctly, the mail is triggered when you enter the username and password for the customer and save it.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
jonwatson (9th April 2007)
Old 9th April 2007, 04:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
If I remember correctly, the mail is triggered when you enter the username and password for the customer and save it.
Sweet, thanks.