Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13th February 2007, 10:22
sfrank sfrank is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Spam and virus filtering by default

Hi,
what would be the most elegant way of setting spam and virus filtering on for every newly added user by default?

I see the {ANTIVIRUS_COMMENT} and {SPAMASSASSING_COMMENT} template variables in procmailrc.master and I also know that they get "##" value depending on $user["spam_filter"] but still don't know what would be the best way of making it constantly on.

I don't prefer altering the code so that $user["spam_filter"] always returns true while being evaluated in the corresponding if condition.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Frank
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 14th February 2007, 19:19
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

If spam and virus filtering should be on for every user, just remove {ANTIVIRUS_COMMENT} and {SPAMASSASSIN_COMMENT} from the template.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14th February 2007, 23:45
jonwatson jonwatson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 176
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
If spam and virus filtering should be on for every user, just remove {ANTIVIRUS_COMMENT} and {SPAMASSASSIN_COMMENT} from the template.
I chose to go into the database itself and set the default values to 1 in the isp_isp_user table. This method allows the user to turn them back off again, but I figure that's their problem if they want to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28th March 2007, 14:59
unnilennium unnilennium is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello,

Is there a way of completing this option to 1 for each new user?

I mean where i should search to modify a script to put 1 if it is not defiened ?

thanks

JP
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28th March 2007, 23:55
jonwatson jonwatson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 176
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnilennium
Hello,

Is there a way of completing this option to 1 for each new user?

I mean where i should search to modify a script to put 1 if it is not defiened ?

thanks

JP
Did you see my post above yours? You don't have to go into the scripts if you don't want to. Just set the default to '1' for those fields in the database.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29th March 2007, 01:25
unnilennium unnilennium is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwatson
Did you see my post above yours? You don't have to go into the scripts if you don't want to. Just set the default to '1' for those fields in the database.
yes i have seen !
the isp_isp_user table is where every users preferences are set. But as admin i do not want to check every time a user is created by clients to put 1 instead of 0 or NULL , and as i would let as you suggest users to manually switch it to 0, it will be a crazy story even with a cron job .

So maybe you where refering to another table that would store default information to create a new user .. but it is not isp_isp_user


Thank you for your time

Last edited by unnilennium; 29th March 2007 at 01:27.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29th March 2007, 03:33
jonwatson jonwatson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 176
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnilennium
yes i have seen !
the isp_isp_user table is where every users preferences are set. But as admin i do not want to check every time a user is created by clients to put 1 instead of 0 or NULL , and as i would let as you suggest users to manually switch it to 0, it will be a crazy story even with a cron job .

So maybe you where refering to another table that would store default information to create a new user .. but it is not isp_isp_user


Thank you for your time
Maybe you and I aren't talking about the same thing.

If you set the default value of the spam filter to '1' in the database, then every new user created will have it turned on by default.

They will be able to turn it off themselves within their ISPConfig account, yes, but by default it will be turned on for each new user.

Edit: I just verified. The field I am talking about is the user_spamfilter record in the isp_isp_user table. The default ISPConfig installation sets the default value to NULL, but switching it to '1' will activate it by default on all new users.

Last edited by jonwatson; 29th March 2007 at 03:37.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29th March 2007, 08:52
unnilennium unnilennium is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Oh yes excuse me !

I was only thinking religiously about changing the value for each record, without the idea i could change the structure and the default value of the record !

It 's effective and it is great thanks to the scripts that do only insert field that are submited ! (first creation of user is only for the first page and there's no informations about spam and antivirus scan on it)


Thank you!

JP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29th March 2007, 17:54
jonwatson jonwatson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 176
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnilennium
Oh yes excuse me !

I was only thinking religiously about changing the value for each record, without the idea i could change the structure and the default value of the record !

It 's effective and it is great thanks to the scripts that do only insert field that are submited ! (first creation of user is only for the first page and there's no informations about spam and antivirus scan on it)


Thank you!

JP
Glad it worked!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server and SPAM Virus Filtering WaveQam HOWTO-Related Questions 5 19th January 2007 22:18
postfix, backup mx host + spam and virus scanning enabled rdeussen Tips/Tricks/Mods 6 6th November 2006 14:12
Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL wmrwl HOWTO-Related Questions 73 6th October 2006 23:06
Amavisd.conf Problem ven0x Installation/Configuration 1 30th September 2006 23:58
getting mailgraph spam and virus rayit HOWTO-Related Questions 31 10th August 2006 17:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.