Why don't you access Webmin and Postfixadmin in a browser on your workstation? I'm sure you have a second system that acts as a desktop system.
Yes, you are right.
I'm considering which way will be more convenient.
- Remote install the server without X from a workstation
(Or I still need to install X-client on the server?)
- Remote config the server on a workstation via SSH
In this arrangement I have to run 2 PCs simultaneously (the server and the workstation) but doing one job.
- Install all of X on the server without gdm. So the server only boots to runlevel 3
- before putting it to life, start X to configure the server
- after finish reboot the server without running X
In this arrangement I only need to start one PC.
- do further configuration of the server, if required, via a workstation.
Is it possible running webmin without X? I made following test.
On runlevel 3 started elinks, the text browser.
$ elinks localhost:10000
Unable to retrieve localhost:10000
The URL contains a protocol not get known by Elinks
You can configure an externel handler for it through the option system
Started Option on Elinks. But have no idea how to make it.