Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th November 2007, 20:51

Default Extracting customers/domains from database

I've got ISPConfig running, serving just over 300 domains. One of the problems I have to deal with occasionally is that sometimes the customer name and the domain name aren't related. If I have to change some user settings for "midwestthingamajig.com" and have a customer entry named "Midwest Thingamajig Company" my task is easy. But if a customer named "Zaphod Beebblebrox" owns domain "starsearchersclub.net", I could be clicking client records for quite a while until I stumble across Herr Beebblebrox's entry.

What SQL query can I issue to display isp_isp_kunde.kunde_anrede, kunde_firma, kunde_name, etc given a domain name of "starsearchersclub.net"? Or as a more generalized question, I know how to print a list of domain names; how would I print a list of clients, with the domains configured for each? Or a list of the domains configured, with the client controlling each? Any or all of the those queries would be a huge help.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the way that everything is tied together through the various tables.
Sponsored Links
Old 16th November 2007, 22:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

Normally all relationns e.g. between webs and email users are trogh the table isp_dep, but in case of clients and websites, the relation is a bit more complicated. I try to explain it here in "semi" sql sytax

We have to join the tables isp_kunde and isp_isp_kunde and isp_isp_web and the table isp_nodes:

isp_isp_web.doc_id = isp_node.doc_id
isp_isp_web.doctype_id = isp_node.doctype_id
isp_nodes.userid = isp_isp_kunde.webadmin_userid
Old 16th November 2007, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Normally all relationns e.g. between webs and email users are trogh the table isp_dep, but in case of clients and websites, the relation is a bit more complicated. I try to explain it here in "semi" sql sytax

We have to join the tables isp_kunde and isp_isp_kunde and isp_isp_web and the table isp_nodes:

isp_isp_web.doc_id = isp_node.doc_id
isp_isp_web.doctype_id = isp_node.doctype_id
isp_nodes.userid = isp_isp_kunde.webadmin_userid
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.