Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th November 2007, 10:13

Send a message via Skype™ to mxc
Default clamd stopped running after upgrade --- fixed

Recently when I upgraded to 2.2.18 I noticed that my clamd was not running anymore. Like many others I have had to switch to using the clamd daemon as opposed to running on a per mail basis due to high cpu utilization.

As part of this change I had to setup a init.d script to run clamd on startup. When running this script, after upgrading, I got "clamd dead by subsys locked". I had enabled logging in the clamd.conf file under /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/clamd.conf. Looking at this file showed that during the upgrade a socket file had been left in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp/clamd. I delete this file and then could restart the clamd daemon without issue.

I hope this helpds someone-else

Your Java and Linux experts
Vodacom 3g R99/month
The Following User Says Thank You to mxc For This Useful Post:
till (5th November 2007)
Sponsored Links