Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st August 2007, 16:30

Default Managing Postfix Mail Groups

I installed ISPConfig after downsizing from a dedicated server + Plesk 7.5 to a Linode virtual server, and I wanted some sort of inexpensive, virtual domain style hosting control panel. ISPConfig works pretty well so far, and its free. :-)

I maintain a number of e-mail lists for groups whose web sites I host. Those lists range from a half-dozen members to 100+. To keep things simple, I just created mailnames for all of them, and pasted the lists of addresses into each from the .qmail config files from my old server.

One thing I don't like is that the management of those lists is kind of hard, particularly for the longer ones. The size of the TextArea that contains them is rather small, and its hard to find what you're looking for.

I realize that this is a quick and dirty kind of thing, so its not intended to be a perfect interface. It would be good if the default textarea were a bit taller, and perhaps the addresses could be sorted alphabetically before saving them so that its easy to find what you're looking for?
Sponsored Links