Old 29th August 2007, 04:34

Default DTC vs ISPConfig

Just been looking at DTC. It has alot of features that ispconfig does not have. I was wondering if anyone has/uses dtc and has used ispconfig as well to see if it offers much over ispconfig.

Don't get me wrong, I love ispconfig, but am looking at other options too. Anything to make it easier for my users.

Anyone had experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 29th August 2007, 04:42

I ran DTC on a test bed for a while, had some issues with installation and reliability, I found ISPConfig about a month into testing and ran them side by side. More features in DTC, however I kept having issues that the author couldn't help with (I run CentOS) so opted for ISPConfig.

I can't say one is better then the other for everyone, however we were locked into CentOS at the time and I wasn't going to change to Deb. I would rather be reliable and know the OS inside and out than to have all the nifty stuff and have issues all the time.