Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2007, 01:17

Default Dns Server with dyndns & ispconfig

Hi everyone. Here is my situation. I am trying to set up a dns server with a dynamic ip address. I have the dyndns service and I want to know how about I would go doing this.

Right now i think that i would set up a subdomain with dyndns saying that ns1.mysite.com should go to the current ip address that i have. I think thats right. But then when I go into ispconfig i don't know what i would put in for the dns entries. Right now i have two a records with ns1 and ns2.mysite.com with my ip address but when i go and try to change it over at my registrar it says that the dns server is authorized.

So my question is, how would I set this up in ispconfig? Thanks
Sponsored Links