Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th July 2007, 12:57

Default Moving from Debian 3.1 to 4.0

Hi,

we change our Provider, so i have to move our Costumer-Server (Debian 3.1, ISPConfig 2.2.0) to a new machine. I would like to install the newest Versions on our new Server (Debian 4.0, ISPConfig 2.2.14).

I found your Infos on
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717
but i have still Questions regarding my Problem.

Is it the best way to copy the files and then to update ISPConfig or should i update first?

On our old System the Webdirs are under /home/www, on the new System the default Path is /var/www. Is this automaticaly changed while update?

On Debian 3.1 is MySQL 4.1 on Debian 4.0 it is 5.0. Is it a good way to copy the Database files (/var/lib/mysql) and let MySQL do the updates
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...l-upgrade.html
or should i dump all Databeses (quite a lot)?

You told how to configure the forwarding of the Mails while the DNS change. We have quite a lot Database driven Websites (even a lot of inserts). Is there a way to forward the Databasequeries or the whole HTTP-Traffic?
Sponsored Links