Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th June 2007, 14:26
HowtoForge Supporter

Default suPHP in custom Debian package

As an answer to my own initial question (see http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12705), I decided to try to create a custom suPHP package to ease the installation of suPHP for use with ISPConfig. This is what I did:
  • Compiled suPHP as described by Hans in his article How To Set Up suPHP On A Debian Etch Based ISPConfig Server.
  • Downloaded and unpacked the stable Debian libapache2-mod-suphp package.
  • Replaced the original mod_suphp.so in the package with the customized version.
  • Adjusted several directives in the package control file:
    • Changed package name
    • Added dependency apache2-prefork-dev
    • Added conflict libapache2-mod-suphp
    • Adjusted Installed-Size
  • Added an additional README.
  • Updated the md5 values.
  • Created the package.
I now have a package that installs with dpkg -i. Doing so with libapache2-mod-suphp already installed or without apache2-prefork-dev (or any of the other dependencies like suphp-common) available, aborts the installation with an appropriate message. In the latter case, apt-get -f install is enough to have the missing packages installed.

After installation, I made the appropriate modifications to /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and 'touched' a website to have my /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf updated (see How To Set Up suPHP On A Debian Etch Based ISPConfig Server).

On the surface everything seems o.k. The only problem is that my php websites don't work. They all show the familiar "500 error - Internal Server Error!". Adding the neccessary Apache Directives for a site, makes it appear again.

Can anyone assist me in troubleshooting this problem? I have far too little experience to do that all by myself. Ofcourse the package will be made available to the ISPConfig community as soon all the problems have been solved.

Last edited by pjdevries; 21st June 2007 at 13:42.
Sponsored Links