Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th June 2007, 00:17

Default segmentation fault after updating DNS settings

I saw a couple of posts about segmentation faults so maybe this can help :

After updating the default secondary DNS settings in Management > Server > Settings > DNS I noticed that my zone files were not being updated anymore. The server had been running fine for almost a year so this was new for me ...

A couple of posts mentioned running "writeconf.php" manually so when I tried this ("/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php") I got a segmentation fault.

After a lot more debugging I found that the reason for the segfault was an empty value for "server_bind_zonefile_dir" in the "isp_server table" !! Updating this field in the web did not change anything : the column stayed empty and the field in the web was set to "/etc/bind".
However after updating the database manually with the correct "server_bind_zonefile_dir" value my problem was finally fixed and the segmentation fault disappeared.

I'm running CentOS 4.4 and ISPConfig 2.2.9

hope this helps ...

Maarten
The Following User Says Thank You to plenkeske For This Useful Post:
till (5th June 2007)
Sponsored Links
Old 5th June 2007, 11:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts

Please make sure that the directory where the bind files are stored is world readable, then you should be able to change it from the interface.
Old 5th June 2007, 19:35

You're right, the bind folder was not world readable, after changing this the field could be updated in the interface.

Thanks