Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th May 2007, 15:23

Default Automatic make web space writeable(?)

I'm still learning Linux and ISPConfig through the main site and VMWare i currently use. My goal with ISPConfig is to create a free webhost since there isn't any other hosts I'm satisfied with.

I noticed with one of the How-To's on usng Joomla with ISPConfig, my attention got caught with "Step 8" where it says I've to manually make the web space writeable the "chrown" command. This is a problem since it's dependant on me and not on the user from what i understood from the article, shouldn't the directories for the webspace automatically be writeable when a site/"customer" is added?

If not, why not add that as a feature?
Sponsored Links