Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2007, 16:04

Default Debian Server - Windows Domain Controller Help

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue with our debian server. Right now we have our linux server acting as our domain controller for our 30+ windows users (XP). I am having some issues with some accounts when logging in that its saying the profile can not be found and it assigns a temporary one but of course its completely different. I am really new to this type of environment and the person that set up the server no longer provides any support so it's up to me to try and resolve this issue.

I do have webmin setup so at least it gives me more of a familiar GUI to work with but I'm not sure where to start. Do I just go into the SAMBA users and delete the probmatic accounts and then just recreate them? Will this deletion remove their home files? I'm quite unclear how the SAMBA/Windows accounts work together.

I have another question while I'm here, was there any type of updating or patching required for linux servers with that daylight server fiasco that we all just recently went through and had to patch our XP machines.

Thanks for any type of help, I don't want to do anything until I have a better understanding of what is what.
Sponsored Links