#1  
Old 16th November 2005, 18:05
dstme dstme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default To change Index page

I'm running Fedora Core 4. Initially I change the index page for my default domain in /var/www/html/index.php. After installing ISPConfig and reinstall again for ISPConfig, my default domain index page is gone. Now it is pointing to my of my domain create in ISPConfig. (/home/www/..)

Where did I set wrongly? and where can I edit my default domain index page.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 16th November 2005, 20:30
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstme
I'm running Fedora Core 4. Initially I change the index page for my default domain in /var/www/html/index.php. After installing ISPConfig and reinstall again for ISPConfig, my default domain index page is gone. Now it is pointing to my of my domain create in ISPConfig. (/home/www/..)

Where did I set wrongly? and where can I edit my default domain index page.
That's the normal behaviour. From http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm:
Quote:
Important: ISPConfig is meant to be installed on new Linux installations with no web sites, so if you run a server with hundreds of web sites and need a control panel that can take care of those existing web sites, then ISPConfig is not for you!
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17th November 2005, 04:10
dstme dstme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
That's the normal behaviour. From http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm:
There were no website except the default domain prior reinstalling ISPConfig, so I don't see why the default domain index page is gone.

Question is where do I find my index page for my default domain?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17th November 2005, 10:03
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstme
There were no website except the default domain prior reinstalling ISPConfig, so I don't see why the default domain index page is gone.
Because the ISPConfig installer makes some changes to your Apache configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstme
Question is where do I find my index page for my default domain?
It is still here: /var/www/html/index.php
You ca now either:
- Copy it to one of the web sites you created with ISPConfig,
or
- Change your Apache configuration so that your default web site will work again, but this may interfere with ISPConfig, so be careful!
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Default Welcome Page bigger_travis General 1 26th October 2005 22:56
how to change server name lexcomputer Installation/Configuration 1 12th October 2005 10:01
/stats doesn't work (password not accepted) Hellbound General 6 15th September 2005 15:34
Accessing the ISPConfig Web Page nformosa Installation/Configuration 1 9th September 2005 14:13
WHere is the default domain's web page? Bedevere Installation/Configuration 4 28th August 2005 20:14


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.