Old 31st March 2007, 16:38

Default Postfix, DNS and ehlo

Well, I've had things going pretty well with the server. I do have some concerns regarding the way my server announces itself on the ehlo. Regardless of which domain I ehlo to it always seems to respond with the host of the master domain.

I am running Perfect OpenSUSE 10.2 with ISPconfig.

I have a number of domains setup, but the server was configured around www.frankentech.org.

I don't even know if this is really a problem, but it seems to me that it could cause some problems with regard to sending email to some domains that require working abuse addresses for the sending domain which I have run into. I can't seem to send email to one edu because it always responds that there is no working abuse address which there is. There is one for each domain.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I'll take it all and like it very much

EDIT: One other thing. I am seeing a lot of people trying to access my server through ftp, sshd, etc. Is there a simple way to configure the firewall or server to recognize multiple failed attempts from a certain IP and block that IP?

Last edited by R0l@ndSm0ke; 31st March 2007 at 16:44.
Sponsored Links
Old 1st April 2007, 19:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0l@ndSm0ke
Well, I've had things going pretty well with the server. I do have some concerns regarding the way my server announces itself on the ehlo. Regardless of which domain I ehlo to it always seems to respond with the host of the master domain.
That's the normal behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0l@ndSm0ke
EDIT: One other thing. I am seeing a lot of people trying to access my server through ftp, sshd, etc. Is there a simple way to configure the firewall or server to recognize multiple failed attempts from a certain IP and block that IP?
Take a look here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/preventing...with_denyhosts
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...ht=brute+force

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: