Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2007, 21:44

Default google mail

Hi there
I have decided to test out google mail as they offer a compete mail soution for free, but I need to add their mx record to the domain vsk-gbr.com. The only trouble is that with ISP config you can only add one zone entry for vsk-gbr.com but I need to add around 8 for it to work. This is from the google site 'You may not be allowed to enter the priority values exactly as they appear in the table below; in that case, simply ensure that the server addresses are prioritised in the same order as they appear in the table. (i.e. The priority ranking [1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5] should work just as well as [1, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10] as long as you keep the addresses in the right order.)
If you are asked to specify the type of each record that you are adding, enter "MX".
MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (".") at the end of any fully-qualified domain names (e.g. "server.example.com.")
Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.
MX Server address Priority
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1
ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
'
But I can only add one, how would I solve this problem?
Sponsored Links