Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th March 2007, 10:15

Default Perfect setup ubuntu 6.06

Hi,

This is my first post so I hope I do this right. I followed the perfect setup for Ubuntu Breezy a while back with GREAT success and I'm a big fan if ISPConfig. Even though I've taken every class on linux my community college has, I still consider myself a linux noob.

I recently wanted to upgrade to a webserver and decided on Dapper Drake with ISPConfig. The only problem I had during installation was a problem I've seen on the boards with the second mysqladmin command:

mysqladmin -h myserver.mydomain.com -u root password yourrootsqlpassword

which had to be run from 127.0.0.1 in order to be successful, possibly because my router was still pointing to the old server for the domain.

When I attempted to login to https:www.mydomain.com:81 (after repointing the router) there was no website IE could find. I attempted to connect via the local IP and that wasn't successful that way either. When I go directly to the machine's IP, I get the following:

and attempts to go to the ISPConfig admin page are unsuccessful. I hope I've given enough detail to be of some help. I'd really love to get this machine online...

Christine
Sponsored Links