Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th November 2005, 04:45

Unhappy perfect install 5.04 isp on desktop image?

newbie is trying to install the isp components from the perfect server install on a normal hedgehog install (not server) Is this possible? Being new, I prefer the gui and not concerned about resources. What are the steps to gconfig-edit the interfaces file? I have tried from a prompt and it says gconfig app not found; when I try to open the interfaces file from the gconfig gui it does not list this file anywhere. Why do the perfect install procedures include a 2nd virtual server IP along with the regular static IP? Would I be better off with the server version and later install gnome or kde? If so, how? Thanks in advance for your help - Bill
Sponsored Links