Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th January 2007, 20:55

Default Can't control PHP on OpenSUSE 10.2 - AddHandler and AddType

I installed ISPConfig on OpenSUSE 10.2 - followed the Perfect Setup to the letter (disabling x-php in mime.types, etc). Everything works nicely, except that I cannot control serving PHP - no PHP gets served at all, apparently the Apache 2 server doesn't know what to do with them. With what little I know, I could identify the following:

1. /etc/apache2/conf.d/php5.conf is modified by ISPConfig: the AddHandler lines get commented out (so that ISPConfig can control serving PHP). If I change this back (erase the comments), then, of course, PHP works beautifully but then it works for ALL sites (i.e. ISPConfig cannot control it).

2. ISPConfig uses AddType lines in its /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file. I know this file must not be edited, but just for a test, I changed the AddType to AddHandler, restarted Apache 2 manually and PHP works again beautifully. Of course, this is no solution, just a test.

3. There is a line in the OpenSUSE 10.2 changelog that says "corrected apache directive is AddHandler not AddType".

Does it mean that I cannot use AddType at all? My abilities stop here, what can I do? Just leave global PHP on?

Best,

Szabolcs
Sponsored Links