OK this is where I am at now, all the services are up my test website is working all of that looks good for now.
The problem I have now is e-mail cant send or recieve anything, I have checked and unchecked the maildir and nothing happens.
One thing to note is that this domain I am trying to send e-mail to is hosted on another ISP and I have changed the dns entries a couple of months ago so that www goes to x.x.x.4 and mail goes to x.x.x.3
Ok I sorted out the not viewing of customer sites by change the first ip used on ispconfig to .4 and bingo the page works... so is this problem something like that.
Also if you have any comments about my previous problems I am still interested to know if what I did was right or wrong.