Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th October 2006, 02:14

Default Postfix on FC5 w/Virtual Domains: Adding Mailman to Multiple Domains

Hello,

I loved the tutorial on setting up postfix with FC5. Made a multi-day exercise in frustration boil down to an hour of fiddling :-)

However, I have a question related to this: I'm installing mailman afterwards and I want mailing lists for all vhosts. Let's say I've got:

dom1.ain, dom2.ain, and dom3.ain in addition to mail.example.com (the box hostname).

How do I add a new mailing list for a domain OTHER than mail.example.com? I don't see any way to specify one of the others (since it automatically maps @mail.example.com to the name of the list).

I apologize since I know this isn't strictly within the confines of the howto, but it seems that the virtual domains are the "catch" in configuring mailman this way, so I was hoping that perhaps someone here had solved this riddle. Thanks!
Sponsored Links