Well, hi there everyone.
I've been experimenting with making some form of "install" script, which you can interactively do "y/n" as to what packages you want, then makes them according to what you specified..
Anyways, seems to work okay, i'm just using a simple menu-type bash script to ask which packages are needed, then it makes them all fine. Now, i was getting to thinking of some more ideas, ifthese are already in there, by all means just slap me
So, these are the ideas i was thinking.
1) Automatic script for getting packages? Would make it a lot easier to ensure that the latest version was got.. But, i guess it's hard if you're integrating them all based off an API in one ...
2) More scalable.. like Instead of just 4 accounts (email, reseller, admin, client) - some form of permissions system like drupal has, and the ability to create user groups / types, this is good paticularly if you want to engineer to "special" customers.
3) Support for PostgreSQL / Firebird / others. I know you probably will slap me for sugegsting it, but i'm sure i could add it into the PHP frontend for you, i've got experience in that area, so i'd love to add the feature for PostgreSQL , because i prefer that over MySQL
4) Packages - ? Like, you can specify packages of certain types (eg -> limits for MySQL / PostgreSQL, bandwidth, space, etc) so , say i make "basic plan", i can just click "add new user" -> "basic plan" and BANG!
5) Paypal Integration - I knopw Paypal has an API for it, so, again - i could do it for you if you like it'd be a neat automated feature!
More to come, i think *shields from all the hails of bullets*