Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th September 2006, 22:52

Default Cannot send email from OE through ISPconfig site

I have setup an Ubuntu 6.06/ISPConfig server using Falko's excellent howto and the the ISPConfig installation guide (which is also excellent) and all has been working well. I can send and recieve email through the webmail interface and recieve mail with Outlook Express. My problem comes in sending email through Outlook Express. I get this response:

Quote:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'bob', Server: 'packagedesign-mds.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
This area's largest DSL provider blocks port 25 - and I am testing from that provider's service. So I suspect my access to the server is being blocked. Plus, I cannot see any evidence of a login attempt in the server logs. The provider says that I should access any off-network mail server using port 587, but if I change the smpt port from 25 to 587 (in OE) I get this:
Quote:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'bob', Server: 'packagedesign-mds.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Is it possible to send email through the ISPConfig based domain's email server from outside its network?
Sponsored Links