Hi - I have problems with a strange mail log behaviour:
- the /var/log/mail.ispconfigsave contains the daily logs from 16:45 to 23:59 only.
example: log entrys between Sep 9 23:59 and Sep 10 16:45 are missing
- the daily logfiles /var/log/mail.info-YYYYMMDD.gz are containing
the entries from 16:45 to 16:45
first entry: Sep 8 16:45:15
last entry: Sep 9 16:45:02
- Logrotation is as default:
- /etc/cron.daily/logrotate runs /etc/logrotate.conf
- /etc/logrotate.conf is default, contains nothing related to 16:45
(only the default values: weekly, rotate 4, create)
- /etc/logrotate.d contains no postfix file
- the ispconfig jobs in crontab are croned as default (23:59, 0:30, 0:40 etc.), there is no cronjob around 16:45 (nevertheless the ispconfig log-jobs are reading the logfiles only, not cutting them, right?)
I would like to have the logfiles cutted at 0:00
After looking for related threads here and asking google I´m quite confused now .....
Can anybody help or give me a hint, a url ..... thanks in advance!