Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd September 2006, 23:10

Arrow Unsure of DNS, hosts, and domain name

I just completed the tutorial for badger breezy and after a while got everything up and running with ISPConfig. I'm still a little puzzled though due to domain name issues. When setting up Ubuntu, I wasn't sure which domain to use. I'd like to host my own DNS server, but how do I point my domain name to my newly installed ISPConfig box if I haven't set up my ISPConfig with that domain. I followed the instructions down to the T meaning that I used server1.example.com, because I didn't know if I was creating a DNS server or if I should enter a domain I had at godaddy. Should I configure godaddy as a dns server to point to my ISPConfig? I thought I could use ISPConfig to host the DNS servers, but I'm not sure how. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links