Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th October 2005, 04:23

Default Prepear FC3 for ISPConfig install

Hi All,
This is great software and I wanted to use it on my new server I just got. But I'm very new to Linux.
I have a server with 2 IPs. (209.180.6.79 and 209.180.6.78) and I also have a domain name (mypersonalserver.com)
Server I have - already includes clean install of Fedora Core 3. No GUI of course - SSH access only.
In installation Guide is says to set hostname and DNS. I know to set hostname I need to type in my SSH "hostname something" - but what should I type there? My domain? like "hostname mypersonalserver.com"
And How do I set up DNS w/o GUI?
Pretty much, before I get to setting up Apt (by installation guide for FC3), what steps should I do and how through SSH? Including DNS, IPs and etc.
I wuld really appreciate if someone can help me with this and I'm sure this would be useful for other people who will be installing ISPConfig on FC3 or FC4.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links