After using ISPCONFIG for half a year I saw that I needed to upgrade the installation from 2.2.2 to 2.2.6.
To keep a long story short, here are the steps and missteps taken:
1. Connected via putty/ssh.
2. Started the upgrade to 2.2.3
3. Connection got lost/broken(due to my windows pc update reboot)
4. Connected again via putty/ssh
5. Started the upgrade again.
6. Upgrade finished succesvol but the database DB_ISPCONFIG was deleted.
7. Restored the database from /temp/existing..... and everything worked
8. Started the upgrade to 2.2.4
This did not work and I ended up with errors.
Here's the end of my ispconfig installation log:
Thu Aug 10 19:40:32 CEST 2006 - [ISPConfig] - created backup of directory /root/ispconfig/
Thu Aug 10 20:03:14 CEST 2006 - [ISPConfig] - WARNING: could not create backup of directory /home/admispconfig/
Thu Aug 10 20:03:16 CEST 2006 - [ISPConfig] - deleted directory /root/ispconfig/
Thu Aug 10 20:03:42 CEST 2006 - [ISPConfig] - WARNING: could not unpack ISPConfig system
Thu Aug 10 20:03:50 CEST 2006 - [ISPConfig] - ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!
Before I do an installation again I thougt it was a good idea to ask the forum what the next best step is, before I scew things up completely
If anyone has some advise for me I would be verry happy.
Thanks in advance.