Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th August 2006, 19:38

Default MySQL related Installation Problem

Hello all,

I have run into a stumbling block in my installation of ISPConfig and I am hoping somebody can help.

I have done everything as described in "The Perfect Setup" guide for SUSE.... the only complication being that I am running SUSE 10.0, not 9.3. However, all seemed to be going exactly according to plan until I attempted to install ISPConfig itself. The entire installation seems to run normally, but the last bit of output from the compilation indicated there was a problem:

/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started
Could not connect to MySQL server!FreshClam is already running!
ISPConfig system is now up and running!

When I try to log into ISPConfig via browser, I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

I am not sure what the problem is. MySQL is up and running and I am able to log into it.... I am even able to log in remotely. One odd thing seems to be that, while the database for ISPConfig is created in MySQL, there are no tables in it... a completely empty schema.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sean
Sponsored Links
Old 9th August 2006, 16:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Does your MySQL root password contain uncommon characters? That is most likely the problem.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 9th August 2006, 16:47

By uncommon, do you mean non-alphanumeric? The root pw does contain '@' and '$'.
Old 9th August 2006, 17:22

I changed the MySQL root pw to contain only alpha-numeric characters and re-installed. This time, I got the following output at the end of the install process:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
No results found!FreshClam is already running!
ISPConfig system is now up and running!

Again, the database has been created, but there are no tables in the schema. When I attempt to log in to ISPConfig through the web interface, I get the message that the password (admin) is invalid.

Any thoughts?
Old 10th August 2006, 17:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn_admin
I changed the MySQL root pw to contain only alpha-numeric characters and re-installed.
Did you delete the old ISPConfig before you did this? Otherwise the installer performs an update, and if your database was empty before, it willl be empty after the update...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 10th August 2006, 19:03

That did the trick... thanks a lot!