Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th July 2006, 06:05

Default really slow website access

Hi,
just wondering if someone can give me a few clues here. I have had ispconfig running succesfully on a CentOS system now for over a month. All is going well, however access to websites that are being hosted on the server are very slow to show up.
I have a pretty powerful server - P4 3ghz with 2GB RAM and fast SATA HDD, with Intel fast 100 NIC, so I do not think it is hardware. My DSL connection is 1.5mb/256 - so that should be ok too.
I am hosting 12 sites, so not a lot and the traffic to them is not that much either. But when you try to browse any of the sites (from outside my LAN of course), they are quite slow to load. These sites are not graphically intensive either.
My logs do not show anything out of the normal.
So, is there a way to 'tune' ispConfig or something else I can try to speed up access?
Also, it is slow for FTP as well.
thanks
Steve
Sponsored Links