Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th November 2013, 14:33

You can delete the entire stats folder after that go into ISPConfig > Sites > Choose domain > redefine statistics password > Save. Wait a couple of minutes for the stats folder to be created.

The stats folder will be created with appropriate permissions and at the next cron job exec it will fill with the desired stats.

If you go to <domain>/stats BEFORE the cron job executes you will get a 403 error, because there is no index.html file - the stats folder is empty. Whenever I type a wrong password I get the internal error 500.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th November 2013, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croydon View Post
I think the index.php is generated when ispconfig runs it's daily cron.
I'm not completely sure, but did the daily ispconfig cron already run since you deleted the directory?
yes I believe the same too.
please tell me which log should I check for this process ? I never used those stats before in ispconfig.

Last edited by orasis; 6th November 2013 at 15:01.
Old 6th November 2013, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelal View Post
If you go to <domain>/stats BEFORE the cron job executes you will get a 403 error, because there is no index.html file - the stats folder is empty.
yeap and that is the correct setting for better security instead of displaying the directory listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelal View Post
Whenever I type a wrong password I get the internal error 500.
That was what was happening to me and I wiped the directory cause I suspected that switching back/forth from awstats to webalizer messed the files or the .htaccess or .passwd and indeed since I wiped it I can try wrong password and there is no error 500, I just get the 403 now

that's some kind of progress isn't it ?