Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th October 2013, 18:46

Hi, I'm running ISPConfig 3.0.5.3, and still cannot integrate net2ftp into it. I have net2ftp running on the same server.
Anu news about this, or any other solution?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10th October 2013, 18:04

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaxth
Default WinSCP

I've to admit that I'm new to Linux and also ISPConfig, therefore please read my comments with care and don't take it as advice or some like that!

As many other user's, I do believe, I'm missing the File Manager/Explorer too. For what I plan to use IPSConfig for, I even wouldn't grant access to an File Manager/Explorer to the users.

Because of solving some other problems, Till was suggesting the Desktop Apps WinSCP to use for to copy files from Server to PC, for what reason ever. That was working great!

Now reading about the File Manager/Explorer, I was take a closer look at WinSCP again for to maybe use to copy files from and to the User space. It seems to be that those could be done with WinSCP, just look under /var/www/ on the server (I use Debian Wheezy) and you'll find the Domain Directories of Users with access to all files on it.

With WinSCP all file operation seems to be could be done include editing of files. Ok, that would be for Administrators only who've access by SSH to the root of the server.

By the way, WinSCP is working a bit similar like PuTTY but with GUI include Menu's and like Norton Commander, which makes it very easy to use:

WinSCP is freeware and could downloaded from: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Caution: Please keep in mind that what you do, you do it totally at your own risk!
Old 11th October 2013, 11:02

Yes WinSCP is a great tool, but is only for windows. In my opnion, the world is going mobile and we have to give the users the most user friendly and pratical tools we can. Everything must be on the browser without the need to install applications on the pc or tablet. So the need for a tool like net2ftp has is place in the way that from any browser I can start work on my files/site. The easy integration of tools like this one will give to ISPConfig a richer piece of software.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:24

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaxth

That's mainly right!

But I wouldn't say at the moment and even not for the next close future that those ad-on apps should be for mobile use only! They should also be for normal, means Desktop, use too.

That said, I wouldn't deny that apps like net2ftp are not needed! They are needed too and if we didn't close our eye's for what is need today and the near future, we've to realize that there's also still the need for the older "way"!

Developers have to take in account that the changes are maybe not always welcomed if they are pushed to fast. There many factors involve, something what many times is just simply forgotten by developers. Still, the majority for now and the near future using desktop systems for real work instead of mobile systems.

While say that, didn't think that I'm against that move, I'm not. I use Tablet computer quite a few years for work where it's possible. I'm not someone who's using his mobile device for play games, music etc. as the majority of mobile device owners do! On the other hand I'm working mainly with customers and their employees as Service Consultant and outsourced contractor for LAN and AS400 and could see what those users really have for need's!
Old 17th October 2013, 15:15

well, I have net2ftp running from ISPConfig, but still need to fill the ftp server, username and password. is there a way when i click on the net2ftp icon to go with all the information to login?

My configurations files:
Versions: ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS, ISPConfig 3.0.5.3, net2ftp v1.0

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/ftp_user_net2ftp.php
/*
* We only redirect to the login-form, so there is no need, to check any rights
*/
if($global_config['webftp_url'] != '') {
$net2ftp_url = $global_config['webftp_url'];
$net2ftp_url = str_replace(array('[SERVERNAME]', '[USERNAME]'),array($serverData['server_name'], $ftpUserData['database_name']),$net2ftp_url);
header('Location: '.$net2ftp_url);
} else {
isset($_SERVER['HTTPS'])? $http = 'https' : $http = 'http';
if($web_config['server_type'] == 'nginx') {
header('Location: http://' . $serverData['server_name'] . ':8080/net2ftp');
} else {
header('Location: ' . $http . '://' . $serverData['server_name'] . ':8080/net2ftp');
}
}

exit;
?>

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/templates/ftp_user_list.htm
<td class="tbl_col_buttons">
<a class="button icons16 icoDbAdmin" href="sites/ftp_user_net2ftp.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}" target="net2ftp"><span>{tmpl_var name='admin_txt'}</span></a>
<a class="button icons16 icoDelete" href="javascript: del_record('sites/ftp_user_del.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}&phpsessid={tmpl_var name='phpsessid'}','{tmpl_var name='delete_confirmation'}');"><span>{tmpl_var name='delete_txt'}</span></a>

/etc/apache2/conf.d/webftp.conf

Alias /net2ftp /var/www/webftp
Alias /webftp /var/www/webftp
<Directory /var/www/webftp>
Options +FollowSymLinks
# DirectoryIndex index.php
AllowOverride All
order allow,deny
allow from all
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
php_flag track_vars On
php_flag register_globals Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen Off
php_value include_path .
php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /var/www/webftp/temp
php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/webftp
</IfModule>

</Directory>

/var/www/ispconfig/sites/site_webftp.php

<?php
require_once('../../lib/config.inc.php');
require_once('../../lib/app.inc.php');
$app->auth->check_module_permissions('sites');
if (!isset($_GET['id'])){
die ("No site selected!");
}
$domainId = intval($_GET['id']);
$dbData = $app->db->queryOneRecord("SELECT server_id FROM web_domain WHERE domain_id = " . $domainId);
$serverId = intval($dbData['server_id']);
if ($serverId == 0){
die ("No Server found!");
}
$serverData = $app->db->queryOneRecord(
//"SELECT server_name FROM server WHERE server_id = " . $serverId);
"SELECT domain FROM web_domain WHERE domain_id = " .$domainId);
//header('location:/webftp?servername="'.$serverData['server_name'].'"');
header('location:/webftp?servername="'.$serverData['domain'].'"');
exit;
?>

/var/www/ispconfig/sites/templates/web_domain_list.htm

<tbody>
<tmpl_loop name="records">
<tr class="tbl_row_<tmpl_if name='__EVEN__'}even<tmpl_else>uneven</tmpl_if>">
<td class="tbl_col_domain_id"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="domain_id"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_active"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="active"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_server_id"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="server_id"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_domain"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="domain"}</a><a href="http://{tmpl_var name="domain"}" target="_blank" class="button icons16 icoLink"><span>Link</span></a></td>
<div class="buttons icons16">
<a class="icons16 icoWebFTP" href="sites/site_webftp.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}" target="webftp"><span>{tmpl_var name='domain'}</span></a>
<a class="button icons16 icoDelete" href="javascript: del_record('sites/web_domain_del.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}&phpsessid={tmpl_var name='phpsessid'}','{tmpl_var name='delete_confirmation'}');"><span>{tmpl_var name='delete_txt'}</span></a>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tmpl_loop>
<tmpl_unless name="records">
<tr class="tbl_row_noresults tbl_row_<tmpl_if name='__EVEN__'}even<tmpl_else>uneven</tmpl_if>">
<td colspan="5">{tmpl_var name='globalsearch_noresults_text_txt'}</td>
</tr>
</tmpl_unless>
</tbody>

/var/www/ispconfig/sites/templates/web_domain_admin_list.htm

<tbody>
<tmpl_loop name="records">
<tr class="tbl_row_<tmpl_if name='__EVEN__'}even<tmpl_else>uneven</tmpl_if>">
<td class="tbl_col_domain_id"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="domain_id"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_active"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="active"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_sys_groupid"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="sys_groupid"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_server_id"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="server_id"}</a></td>
<td class="tbl_col_domain"><a href="#" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_edit.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}');">{tmpl_var name="domain"}</a><a href="http://{tmpl_var name="domain"}" target="_blank" class="button icons16 icoLink"><span>Link</span></a></td>
<div class="buttons icons16">
<a class="icons16 icoWebFTP" href="sites/site_webftp.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}" target="webftp"><span>{tmpl_var name='admin_txt'}</span></a>
<a class="button icons16 icoDelete" href="javascript: del_record('sites/web_domain_del.php?id={tmpl_var name='id'}&phpsessid={tmpl_var name='phpsessid'}','{tmpl_var name='delete_confirmation'}');"><span>{tmpl_var name='delete_txt'}</span></a>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tmpl_loop>
<tmpl_unless name="records">
<tr class="tbl_row_noresults tbl_row_<tmpl_if name='__EVEN__'}even<tmpl_else>uneven</tmpl_if>">
<td colspan="6">{tmpl_var name='globalsearch_noresults_text_txt'}</td>
</tr>
</tmpl_unless>
</tbody>

Any idea?
Old 17th October 2013, 15:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,498 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
but still need to fill the ftp server, username and password.
ftp server and user should be possible, but not the password. If you would like to fill in the password, it would have to be stored unencrypted or encrypted reversibly in the db and that would be a huge security hole.
Old 17th October 2013, 15:34

Ok, thanks, for the username what is missing?
Old 17th October 2013, 16:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,498 Times in 4,328 Posts

The username of a ftp user is stored in the ftp_user table. If you want to use it in your scripts, you will have to read the infrmation from there. Regarding the server name, the ftp_user table has a server id, you can use this ID to lookup the hostname of the server in the "server" database table.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:34

Default nginx

Can this guide work on the perfect server setup but with nginx instead of apache2?