Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > ISPConfig 3 Priority Support

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th August 2013, 10:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,655 Times in 4,464 Posts

Quote:
A "User" and a "Master-User" at the same time - "user = mysql" is no problem, or????
User is the username of the Linux shell user that mysql is running under, master_user is the name of the mysql user on the master server that is used for replication. So there is no conflict here.

Quote:
Don't you think that there's others who uses ubuntu and uses this "Two Server System"? Or is it not that normal/custom???
The mirror guide is written for debian squeeze, debian sueeze uses a different mysql version (5.1) then The latest ubuntu that you use (mysql 5.5), the mysql replication configuration seem to have changed from mysql 5.1 to 5.5, so the way mysql has to be configured is different.

You can always try to use a guide for a linux distribution and version were it is not written for but this can cause problems or may require different configurations like with mysql here.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th August 2013, 00:31

Exclamation Solution? Use Debian, switch to old MySQL or wait for new "tutorial"?

Hi Till,

So, whats the solution do you think?
Use Debian, switch to old MySQL or wait for new "tutorial" here on HowToForge???

"Single Server System"
I read the manual, of course.. several times, but would you please tell me this:

1. If I use "Single Server System" what do I need to backup to be able to restore the system fast, in case of a hardware crash?????

MySQL database, individually?
HMTL files for websites?
System configuration???
ISPconfig3 setup/configuration???? Is it possible or do you have to start from scratch?

__________________________________________________ _______
Fixed IP/WAN
DMZ -> "ispserverip"
Primary NameServer -> ns1.myprimarynameserver.tld
Secondary NameServer -> ns2.somedomainservice.tld

Ubuntu Server 12.04.4
ISPconfig 3 v.3.0.5.2 (Single Server Setup)
NameServer: BIND v.9.8.1-P1
SquirrelMail: v.1.4.22
MailServer: PostFix v.2.9.6 - IMAP/POP3 Dovecot v.2.0.19
Database: MySQL Server v.5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2
Tutorial: "ThePerfectServer-ISPconfig3-Ubuntu12.04"

Last edited by danhansen@denmark; 7th August 2013 at 00:36. Reason: forgot.....
Old 7th August 2013, 11:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Use Debian, switch to old MySQL or wait for new "tutorial" here on HowToForge???
If you like to use debian, then you must use squeeze (old-stabkle) as described in the guide and not wheezy as wheezy has the same new mysqld. We will publish a new mirror tutorial for wheezy here at howtoforge.

Quote:
1. If I use "Single Server System" what do I need to backup to be able to restore the system fast, in case of a hardware crash?????
Please see here for a backup script:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41609
Old 9th August 2013, 04:06

Red face Over and out....

Hi Till,

Thanks for your reply

If you like to use debian, then you must use squeeze (old-stabkle) as described in the guide and not wheezy as wheezy has the same new mysqld. We will publish a new mirror tutorial for wheezy here at howtoforge.

I like UBUNTU! Any chance of a mirror tutorial any time soon? I'll stop trying to make this work now. Both you and I have used a month trying to solve the issue.. I can't take more of your time and theres no more time for "development" now, I need the system up and running within 40 hours. Therefore I will go back to the "single server system" and then I'll cross my fingers in hope of a "Ubuntu Mirror Tutorial" some time in the near future
So, thanks for all your help - to bad it didn't work out ... But thanks anyroad...

1. If I'm using a Windows 7 HP Workstation and want to place my backup from "Ubuntu-Server.12.04.2-ISPconfig3" "Single Server System" - then I must make a "SAMBA" share and mount the location where I want the backup to be stored. But, is there a "right way" to setup SAMBA on a UbuntuServer12.04.2-ISPconfig3 "Single Server System" ???

2. If a VIP website on the "Ubuntu-Server.12.04.2-ISPconfig3" "Single Server System" contains both webfiles and a MySQL database is it then possible to make a backup which contains everything ? Or do I have to make separate backup's of the MySQL database?
In ISPconfi3 there is a backup funktion which is able to make backups every day and up to 10 different copies, i think it is... But, This only backup's the website and the website MySQL and not the ISPconfig3 files/databases. But this is where I get lost! I just can't figure out exactly what I have to cabkup to be able to "restore" the backup back in to a "New computer" or "a blank harddrive" and then make ISPconfig3, the websites and database run again in a short time..

__________________________________________________ _______
Fixed IP/WAN
DMZ -> "ispserverip"
Primary NameServer -> ns1.myprimarynameserver.tld
Secondary NameServer -> ns2.somedomainservice.tld

Ubuntu Server 12.04.4
ISPconfig 3 v.3.0.5.2 (Single Server Setup)
NameServer: BIND v.9.8.1-P1
SquirrelMail: v.1.4.22
MailServer: PostFix v.2.9.6 - IMAP/POP3 Dovecot v.2.0.19
Database: MySQL Server v.5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2
Tutorial: "ThePerfectServer-ISPconfig3-Ubuntu12.04"

Last edited by danhansen@denmark; 9th August 2013 at 04:21.
Old 9th August 2013, 12:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
I like UBUNTU! Any chance of a mirror tutorial any time soon? I'll stop trying to make this work now. Both you and I have used a month trying to solve the issue.. I can't take more of your time and theres no more time for "development" now, I need the system up and running within 40 hours. Therefore I will go back to the "single server system" and then I'll cross my fingers in hope of a "Ubuntu Mirror Tutorial" some time in the near future
So, thanks for all your help - to bad it didn't work out ... But thanks anyroad...
The next guide that I will write is for debian wheezy. I guess that it will work for current Ubuntu then as well as whezy and ubuntu 12.x use the same mysql major version.

Quote:
1. If I'm using a Windows 7 HP Workstation and want to place my backup from "Ubuntu-Server.12.04.2-ISPconfig3" "Single Server System" - then I must make a "SAMBA" share and mount the location where I want the backup to be stored. But, is there a "right way" to setup SAMBA on a UbuntuServer12.04.2-ISPconfig3 "Single Server System" ???
I wont setup a samba server if I were you. Why dont you download the backup with a ftp or scp client? You can also use the other way and upload the backup from ubuntu server to your windows desktop with a cronjob.

Quote:
2. If a VIP website on the "Ubuntu-Server.12.04.2-ISPconfig3" "Single Server System" contains both webfiles and a MySQL database is it then possible to make a backup which contains everything ? Or do I have to make separate backup's of the MySQL database?
In ISPconfi3 there is a backup funktion which is able to make backups every day and up to 10 different copies, i think it is... But, This only backup's the website and the website MySQL and not the ISPconfig3 files/databases. But this is where I get lost! I just can't figure out exactly what I have to cabkup to be able to "restore" the backup back in to a "New computer" or "a blank harddrive" and then make ISPconfig3, the websites and database run again in a short time..
In Post #33 of this thread I posted a link to a backup script that backs up all data of your server inkl. the ispconfig files and database.