Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > ISPConfig 3 Priority Support

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th July 2013, 20:47

Default Multi Server Setup on different Linux OS

Hi,

I have a dedicated server with 16 ips with Debian 6, Open Vz & IspConfig latest version

The present set up goes as under;

1.Created 15 Vps using OpenVz,11 Debian & 3 CentOS 6 on Dedicated Server
2. Open Vz – One
Debian VPS – 11 & these Debian VPS are
Master Server – 1 ( Main Ispconfig Control Panel)
My Own Custom Name Servers -2
DB Server – 1
Mail Server – 1
Web servers – 6 (Additional)

Now I want to install Cent OS on remaining 4 VPS ( for the reasons, requirement of my application which runs only ON Cent OS)

My questions are as under;

1.Can I connect 4 CentOs Servers(Slave) to my Master server?, If yes, should I go ahead with installation instructions as per (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ispconfig-3-p3) up to steps 1-6 ( As per Debian Tutorial of Multi Setup) OR Any particular settings

2.If answer to Q1 is NO, Should I install remaining 4 VPS without connecting to Master server & make these 4 VPS as independent servers with separate ISP config control panel installation

3.If answer to Q 2 is Yes, can I use the same NS and create DNS Zones on my master server to use my custom Name Servers so my 4 CentOS are on the same Name Server Zone

Please advice

Thanks & regards,

Abin
Sponsored Links
Old 8th July 2013, 07:57
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,320 Times in 4,173 Posts

1) You can mix different Linux distributions in a multiserver setup. As multiserver guides are available for debian only at the moment, please use the apropriate chapters of the perfect setup guides indstead. E.g. if you want to install a mail server, use the mail chapters + install mysql and php-cli plus the php modules. >ou can also just follow the while perfect setup and just install ispconfig at the end in expert instead of standard mode to join a master server. On the master itself, all you have to do is to add a new mysql root user for the new slave before you install ispconfig.

3) yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
abintipl (8th July 2013)