Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th June 2013, 14:36
HowtoForge Supporter

Hello duckface

So, the password listed in all your configuration files does not match the password set for the ispconfig user.

You can either change the password in phpmyadmin to match what you have recorded, or generate a new password and change your config files.

I would recommend changing the password using phpmyadmin - although its trivial to find all ispconfig files that utilise that password its possible to miss one - I know because I did it!

In phpmyadmin click on users, and you will see the ispconfig user listed. Next to it click edit privileges and scroll down to change password. I *believe* you will be able to enter the plaintext password exactly as its recorded in one of the config files and mysql will automatically hash it.

You will soon know if you have the passwords synchronised - I would expect all of your sql errors generated from dbispconfig table lookups to go away.

HTH
Sponsored Links
Old 7th June 2013, 08:37

i can do that .. but im wondering what if the passwords are colected in the phpmyadmin in other form .. im looking at all of the passwords now .. and i see that they all starts with *
version of the phpmyadmin is 3.5.8.1deb1
even the root password.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:26
HowtoForge Supporter

Yep - you won't be able to "see" the mysql users passwords but you will be able to reset accordingly.

Get the password from one of the conf files and do something like:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'ispconfig'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('password');
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Again, you will soon know if you have it right because all the sql errors you're reported before about lookups should go away.

While you're there have a poke around at phpmyadmin 4.0.3 - latest released version with bug/security fixes. May or may not be appropriate for your platform.

HTH!