Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2013, 10:18
HowtoForge Supporter

Question Installing ssl certificate in ispconfig from 123-reg ssl

Hi all,

I am asking for a little assistance in installing a purchased ssl certificate from 123-reg.co.uk

I have purchased and downloaded all the files that come with buying the ssl but this is my first time in buying one. I got a properly signed cert as i currently have setup a few domains but i want to use one domain to address email and ispconfig 3 without the annoying warning message. (setting up a small hosting site for friends and family)

ie, mydomain.com - used for mail.mydomain.com and mydomain.com:8080 (ispconfig port)
client1domain.com, client2domain.co.uk ect use dns mx records pointed at mail.mydomain.com and cname pointed at admin.mydomain.com (for client login panel)

I have setup my VPS (hosted at HTTPNode) using http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3 and have got emails and everything working.

Here is a image of what i have got from them (domain removed for privacy, also attached)

Id like to be able to use the ssl cert for email (like on phones to remove the not trused messgae), remove the warning on ispconfig page and to secure the registered domain.

I know it sounds alot and im thankful for any help you can give me. im not a total *nix noob but ive still alot to learn

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Images

Sponsored Links