Old 23rd May 2013, 23:56

Question PHP Mail configuration

Hello guys,

Could you please help me configure properly the send_mail function in ISPConfig so that my websites could send emails through PHP?

What is it that I must have installed and what settings should I apply?

Thanks in advance and forgive me for the (probably) lame questions, but I've been struggling with this for quite some time.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th May 2013, 00:21
HowtoForge Supporter

Google is your friend...

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

You need to check if your site code has all the libraries it needs for sending an email. Perhaps if you are using some kind of CMS there will be email functionality in there, and appropriate configuration screens to set, eg. sender address, mail host to send via, etc.

Failing that if its custom code, refer to the above for using email with PHP.

Or look at some custom classes, eg. phpMailer, swiftmailer or similar. Somebody else on here might recommend some classes or function libraries they have used to generate mails.
Old 24th May 2013, 07:24

Well, I've been searching Google for weeks now and can't seem to find the answer.

Actually it's not about a certain CMS system, rather it's a global problem for all systems installed. I've had a simple php contact form which did not send out any emails. Now I've installed OpenCart and in its options I've sent that it uses the "Mail" function to email me when an order has been made. To no avail.

To configure my webserver, I've used this guide to the letter: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3

In the website's option in ISPConfig I've added
Code:
[mail function]
sendmail_path = /usr/bin/sendmail -t -i
but I don't know what else to do.

Please help me troubleshoot this issue!