Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:07

Default FreeRADIUS Mac-Auth question

Hello,

I setup a radius server at my house and can use it to authenticate my users, however there is a long and short-term goal that I want to achieve. Currently I use mac filtering to grant access to my network for my clients, however I have a list of mac addresses with no connection to who they belong to. I would like to somehow have my radius server authenticate these clients and grant them access as usual, but I would like to have new users require username and password to be able to access the wireless. Currently I have a testing access point which is able to authenticate with radius based on username and password, but this is of no use for my current clients who connect just by mac filtering. the long-range goal is to be able to connect names to the mac addresses I have listed, this might require some LDAP involvement and possibly a PHP form to be able to connect names to mac addresses, but at the moment I'm looking to auto-authenticate my current users based on mac address.

Thank you,
Lucas
Sponsored Links