Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd May 2013, 15:13

Question ISPconfig 3 mail loops back to myself

Hi

I installed ISPconfig 3 with Courier IMAP/POP3 and maildrop a while ago. Everything was fine, until i noticed that mail filters (like filtering junk or autoresponder) is not working because relay was 'virtual' not 'maildrop'.
I changed it to 'maildrop', filtering is working, but aliases or forwarding are not working anymore.
Now maildrop / postfix is not checking virtual aliases in mysql, it says something with permission denied, user does not exists, which is kinda true, cause there's no file/folder in /var/vmail for that user, it's an alias in mysql forward table.

So, my dilemma is how can i get both of them working, aliases and maildrop filtering?

right now i have this config:
virtual_transport = maildrop
best_mx_transport = virtual
changes were made to best_mx_transport from virtual to maildrop
if i comment out the best_mx_tranport or delete it, i get an error, mail looks back to myself.
domain to which i'm trying to send email and get the error does exists in domain table, it's working if i set it to virtual or maildrop.

hope that makes sens

Last edited by sixone; 23rd May 2013 at 15:24.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th June 2013, 11:50

i still didn't figure out what's happening, any help would be appreciated
Old 12th June 2013, 12:10
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts

download the ispconfig tar.gz file again, unpack it and run the update.php script which is in the install folder. Choose to reconfigure services during update.