Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 20th May 2013, 18:07

Default How to get pure-ftpd to overwrite files

Hello all you ISPConfig gurus. Below are my system details.
(Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (Precise Pangolin)) ISPConfig 3.0.5.2

I followed the The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) guide and every thing works fine.

I have one issue that I can not overwrite existing files in the /web directory whilst connected with ftp. I can delete and put files but when trying to overwrite an existing file I get permission denied.

I have done some research and found the you should change the config file, but the version of pure-ftpd on my server uses seperate files for each directive and I can not find the directive name to allow file overwrites any clues ?
The Following User Says Thank You to g1iul For This Useful Post:
weemalesmep (3rd September 2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 20th May 2013, 19:56
HowtoForge Supporter

Are you saying you can delete existing files? Or that you have just uploaded a new one then deleted it again.

If the latter, and you cannot delete an existing file which you're not allowed to overwrite, I'd suspect permissions on the existing files don't match the user you're using for ftp. I'd be checking that.

I seem to recall a setting "AutoRename" which would not overwrite existing files it simply appends .1, .2, .3 to existing files. However, that wouldn't give you "permission denied".