Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th May 2013, 17:42

Default ubuntu 13.04 amavis/clamav problems

Hi,

I'm building a virtual users email server on ubuntu 13.04 and mostly following this guide for ubuntu 12.10 (couldn't find one on 13.04).

On page 3 "Install amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, And ClamAV" when I try to restart clamav-daemon:

Code:
/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon restart
I get the following error:

Code:
/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon: line 327: 23637 Killed                  start-stop-daemon --start -o -c $User --exec $DAEMON            [fail]
I've located the problem, which is in /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-content_filter_mode:

Code:
@bypass_spam_checks_maps = (
   \%bypass_spam_checks, \@bypass_spam_checks_acl, \$bypass_spam_checks_re);
I've determined that removing the 3rd element from the @bypass_spam_checks_maps array, which is $bypass_spam_checks_re, fixes the problem. However, from my limited understanding of perl and amavis, I think I want this argument as it appears to ignore spam checking on reply emails (a feature I want). Has anyone else encountered this problem or found a solution other than commenting out the 3rd element? Or could anyone offer some insight as to exactly what effect removing this will have on amavis/clamav?

Thanks
Sponsored Links