Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th May 2013, 17:32
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
Hairy,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. Clearly the (non-ISPConfig related!) issue I had wasn't the same problem.

I did not ever add in /usr/local/ispconfig to system PHP open_basedir. Mine currently looks like this on one machine (entry to /srv removed as that folder is completely empty on my install):-

Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php
On another machine with sites configured in different folder, config looks like this:-

Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/home/default/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php

Happy to compare configuration of your Centos 6.4 machine against three of my working ones, see if that assists you nail the issue?

(edited to add my php open_basedir config)
Thank you for your help.

I followed the guide, so my config line looks like your first config line using /var/www instead of /home.

It looks like your config line is the same as mine except the /srv part. That must not be the problem, if you didn't have to edit your config line to make the APS Installer work.

Still searching for the answer...
Sponsored Links
Old 13th May 2013, 00:44
HowtoForge Supporter

Hairy, still cannot reproduce the error you are seeing on any of my kit (CentOS 6.4 x64)

For me, the APS installer was an added bonus into an already cracking interface and since it was added I have got around 40 different sites both internal and web-facing with packages downloaded and deployed using it.

I reckon a way forward for you would be to download some of the virtual images that you can access with subscription.

Check to see if that runs and gives same error - if it does then perhaps something environmental outside of your ispconfig server - eg. are you behind any restrictive firewall or proxy server.

If it doesnt give the error then points to build issue on your server.

I'd be checking/comparing anaconda.ks.cfg and install.log files to see what was installed at build time. Also /var/log/yum.log files to see what packages added on top, etc. A downloaded working version will at least give you a clue as to whats going on with yours.

I've been through a few control panels and regard ISPConfig as the best one for my purposes. Therefore happy to help others if I at all can.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkfish For This Useful Post:
till (13th May 2013)
Old 13th May 2013, 05:10
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
I've been through a few control panels and regard ISPConfig as the best one for my purposes. Therefore happy to help others if I at all can.
I also think that ISPConfig is best for my purposes. I love it. The APS Installer is just be an added bonus.

I have gotten a break on this issue. I now have a working APS Installer on a server that I don't have physical access to. I didn't have any problems getting the APS Installer to work on this server that is outside of my network.

I'm giving up on figuring out why it doesn't work in my network, since I have a working one now.

I really appreciate everyone's help.
Old 13th May 2013, 06:59
HowtoForge Supporter

I would lean heavily toward the idea that it's a firewall issue. Sorry you couldn't get this working. I'm glad you've narrowed the problem down to something local as the issue.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:14
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpo View Post
I would lean heavily toward the idea that it's a firewall issue. Sorry you couldn't get this working. I'm glad you've narrowed the problem down to something local as the issue.
I couldn't sleep without looking at this more, even though I said I give up.

I just spent 12 more hours on this. I replaced a router on my network with a brand new one, and did a fresh install, and everything works. I put the old router back on the network, wiped the drive and did a fresh install again, and the same error that was occurring is still there. I would say that the problem is certainly narrowed down to my router.

Both routers are Belkin and both are setup exactly the same.

........ Maybe the firmware in the router??? I don't know.

I am truly done with this issue for now. lol

Thanks everyone!
Old 25th May 2013, 02:44
HowtoForge Supporter

The router that was causing the APS Installer errors is now dead. Over the last couple of weeks, the router was blocking internet on some computers, and blocking lan traffic from other computers. This router literally went hay-wire. Now, it has completely stopped working.

My neighbor and I placed this router at the end of his firing range, and it was the most fun I have ever had with a router. This router is now literally pushing up daisies.

I have not been able to replicate the APS Installer problem with ANY other router. I have tried 5 now.

I have been following ISPConfig for 10 years now, and I must say that the APS Installer is by far, my most favorite function that has ever been added.

Thanks again everyone!