Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 13th April 2013, 20:00
HowtoForge Supporter

I'm still searching for an answer as to why the APS Installer gives the error listed in this thread.

I would like to offer a cash reward via paypal or money order to anyone who can answer why my APS Installer doesn't work.

Please read this entire thread before sending me questions that have already been answered.

If you think that you know why it doesn't work, please don't hesitate to send me a message. You will only become richer, if you are right.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th April 2013, 23:28

Default THis is not working due to this bug FS#2431 - APS list update failed.

Hi!
I think there is a bug in aps_crawler.inc.php.
In line 223:
preg_match_all("/\<a href=\"(.+)\/\" class=\"vendor\"/i", $vendor_page, $matches);
You take the href from the result page, which was http://appscatalog.com/all-app/. Something probably changed with listing, because that page returns the links as relative, so taking out the relative part of the url is not enough.

I made a fast dirty hack on my side, just modify the formatVendorCallback to return '/all-app/'.$array_item.'.atom?vendor='.$array_item.'&pageSi ze=100'; and it is almost ok.

But something still buggy, because the download of some packages simply fail with this error:
"[INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML"
Maybe the package's atom feed is missing or something, but you can easily avoid that by check the returned page for xml validity, by adding this line

if (!simplexml_load_string($xml)) continue;

to the inner "for" loop where you fetch the packages. (Probably would be better to exception check with simpleXMLElement, but I didnt want to mess so much with that code, just want a working aps installer )

Now, I can list and install packages without an issue

Last edited by till; 28th April 2013 at 18:48. Reason: removed big fonts
Old 24th April 2013, 23:42
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronixcraft View Post
Hi!
I think there is a bug in aps_crawler.inc.php.
In line 223:
preg_match_all("/\<a href=\"(.+)\/\" class=\"vendor\"/i", $vendor_page, $matches);
You take the href from the result page, which was http://appscatalog.com/all-app/. Something probably changed with listing, because that page returns the links as relative, so taking out the relative part of the url is not enough.

I made a fast dirty hack on my side, just modify the formatVendorCallback to return '/all-app/'.$array_item.'.atom?vendor='.$array_item.'&pageSi ze=100'; and it is almost ok.

But something still buggy, because the download of some packages simply fail with this error:
"[INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML"
Maybe the package's atom feed is missing or something, but you can easily avoid that by check the returned page for xml validity, by adding this line

if (!simplexml_load_string($xml)) continue;

to the inner "for" loop where you fetch the packages. (Probably would be better to exception check with simpleXMLElement, but I didnt want to mess so much with that code, just want a working aps installer )

Now, I can list and install packages without an issue
Thank you for your reply. I will be trying this soon, but atm I am busy with work. If this solution works, I will be sending you a cash payment.

Thank you for actually addressing the issue, instead of saying things like you loaded a VMWare image of a completely different tutorial, and got that particular tutorial to work after changing and updating the code, or asking if I have cURL installed, which was answered in the very first message of this thread.
Old 25th April 2013, 01:38
HowtoForge Supporter

I wish to retract my Thank You for the solution from electronixcraft. After looking at the bug tracker, I can clearly see that you did nothing more than paste, exactly as it was written, from a bug that is claimed to have been fixed back in October of 2012.

I have clearly stated throughout this thread that I am using the current version of ISPConfig. My aps_crawler.inc.php doesn't even match the one being referred to in the bug. This is obvious in numerous places. Furthermore, the current ISPConfig doesn't even have a "for" loop which is supposed to be edited to fix this bug. I do however have a "foreach" loop. Still, the line numbers referred to in the bug don't even match the ones in the current version.

This solution was a waste of time, since the bug being referred to was supposedly fixed last year, and because the block that is supposed to be edited doesn't even exist.

Any more solutions are welcomed, as I am still trying to figure this out.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:33

Default Sorry sir for the Copy Paste !!! But i found solution

Hello sir, I am newbie :-( .I have been testing all free server control panels for last two months .Like you i was also facing the XML error in the latest Ispconfig release .But Now it Seems to be solved .

I installed a fresh installation using the script

https://github.com/KardiWeb/ISPConfi...-Autoinstaller

Now, It does not install the Php-Curl Installation ,Hence in shell prompt i ran

apt-get install php5-mysql php5-curl php5-gd php5-intl php-pear php5-imagick php5-imap php5-mcrypt php5-memcache php5-ming php5-ps php5-pspell php5-recode php5-snmp php5-sqlite php5-tidy php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl

And Now The package Updater Works fine ,No more XML Error .

I had tried to raise a bug in bugtracker but it was declined by project manager
saying there is no error in package updater.Yes there is no error in it .The error is with installation method .
Old 28th April 2013, 18:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts

Quote:
I had tried to raise a bug in bugtracker but it was declined by project manager
saying there is no error in package updater.Yes there is no error in it .The error is with installation method .
The installation tool you used to install ispconfig is not compatible with ispconfig 3.0.5 if it does not install php5-curl, it is not developed nor supported by the ispconfig project. So you will understand that we wil not accpet bugreports caused by third party software, especially when several core devs confirmed that the bug does not exist when the system is installed as described in the official guides.

If you want to get a correct and complete install of ispconfig, use one of the official installation guides from ispconfig.org
Old 29th April 2013, 02:49
HowtoForge Supporter

electronixcraft,

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronixcraft View Post
Hello sir, I am newbie :-( .I have been testing all free server control panels for last two months .Like you i was also facing the XML error in the latest Ispconfig release .But Now it Seems to be solved .

I installed a fresh installation using the script

https://github.com/KardiWeb/ISPConfi...-Autoinstaller
In addition to what till said, I would also like to point out that the link you gave is for Debian and has nothing to do whatsoever with CentOS.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:12

Hi,
first of all, thanks a lot for ISPConfig a so great and useful software.

I tryed a fresh install of ISPConfig 3.0.5.2 and 3.0.5.1 with tre different OS (centos 6.4, Debian 6 and Ubuntu 12.04) following, step by step the how-to, but nothing, always the same error updating package list:

HTML Code:
APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML
After many hours and tests I discovered that the problem wasn't the OS but the open_basedir directive written by the installation procedure:

HTML Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/srv/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php

With those settings, the APS php script cannot access to ISPCconfig directory and to solve the problem is sufficient go to System -> Server Config -> Web -> PHP setting, add the path /usr/local/ispconfig and save the settings.

Now, the command "updating package list" should work without problem.
Old 11th May 2013, 15:27
HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you DeCBit for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCBiT View Post
I tryed a fresh install of ISPConfig 3.0.5.2 and 3.0.5.1 with tre different OS (centos 6.4, Debian 6 and Ubuntu 12.04) following, step by step the how-to, but nothing, always the same error updating package list:

HTML Code:
I have also tried Ubuntu, like you suggested, and I get the same exact error as on CentOS.

I went to System->Server Config->server1.example.com->Web->PHP Settings->PHP open_basedir

I added /usr/local/ispconfig and I get the same exact error.

HTML Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/srv/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/ispconfig
HTML Code:
Suggestions are still welcomed.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:34
HowtoForge Supporter

Hairy,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. Clearly the (non-ISPConfig related!) issue I had wasn't the same problem.

I did not ever add in /usr/local/ispconfig to system PHP open_basedir. Mine currently looks like this on one machine (entry to /srv removed as that folder is completely empty on my install):-

Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php
On another machine with sites configured in different folder, config looks like this:-

Code:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[website_path]/tmp:/home/default/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php

Happy to compare configuration of your Centos 6.4 machine against three of my working ones, see if that assists you nail the issue?

(edited to add my php open_basedir config)

Last edited by monkfish; 11th May 2013 at 16:45.