Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11th May 2013, 15:04
cmsits cmsits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Installing ISPConfig 3 on CentOS 6.4

[root@centos1 install]# php -q install.php


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_____ ___________ _____ __ _ ____
|_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_) /__ \
| | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _ _/ /
| | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` | |_ |
_| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| | ___\ \
\___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, | \____/
__/ |
|___/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


>> Initial configuration

Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version.

Following will be a few questions for primary configuration so be careful.
Default values are in [brackets] and can be accepted with <ENTER>.
Tap in "quit" (without the quotes) to stop the installer.


Select language (en,de) [en]:

Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]:

Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld [centos1.cmsits.com]:

MySQL server hostname [localhost]:

MySQL root username [root]:

MySQL root password []: ***********************

MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]:

MySQL charset [utf8]:

postalias: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key


AS YOU CAN SEE >
postalias: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory

How is this fixed. I have done step by step in every detail ???

Any help or response would be great thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11th May 2013, 16:08
Hairy Hairy is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsits View Post
[root@centos1 install]# php -q install.php


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_____ ___________ _____ __ _ ____
|_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_) /__ \
| | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _ _/ /
| | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` | |_ |
_| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| | ___\ \
\___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, | \____/
__/ |
|___/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


>> Initial configuration

Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version.

Following will be a few questions for primary configuration so be careful.
Default values are in [brackets] and can be accepted with <ENTER>.
Tap in "quit" (without the quotes) to stop the installer.


Select language (en,de) [en]:

Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]:

Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld [centos1.cmsits.com]:

MySQL server hostname [localhost]:

MySQL root username [root]:

MySQL root password []: ***********************

MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]:

MySQL charset [utf8]:

postalias: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key


AS YOU CAN SEE >
postalias: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory

How is this fixed. I have done step by step in every detail ???

Any help or response would be great thanks
I have done about 20 installs now with the setup you are describing. If you follow the guide EXACTLY as it is written you will get that error EVERY time.

Additionally, my /var/log/ispconfig_install.log contains the following two errors on every install.

HTML Code:
[ISPConfig] - /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/fedora.lib.php, Line 244: WARNING: Failed to execute the command chmod 755 /var/spool/authdaemon
[ISPConfig] - /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php, Line 1489: WARNING: Failed to execute the command adduser apache ispapps
I would also like to know what these errors are and how to fix them.

Last edited by Hairy; 11th May 2013 at 17:18. Reason: Wrong path to log file. Fixed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11th May 2013, 20:27
monkfish monkfish is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Have a poke around /var/lib/mailman/data and you might see that aliases is a symlink to /etc/mailman/aliases

If /etc/mailman/aliases isnt there then mailman "should" create it when you add your first mailing list.

If the alias file isn't present; ie you havent got any lists, then the worst that willl probably happen is it moans in /var/log/maillog about missing file thus:

Code:
May 10 14:27:18 server1 postfix/postalias[2948]: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11th May 2013, 20:42
Hairy Hairy is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
Have a poke around /var/lib/mailman/data and you might see that aliases is a symlink to /etc/mailman/aliases
Yes, that it correct. aliases is a symlink to /etc/mailman/aliases.

Quote:
If /etc/mailman/aliases isnt there then mailman "should" create it when you add your first mailing list.
The first mailing list was created before installing ISPConfig as described in the tutorial.

Quote:
If the alias file isn't present; ie you havent got any lists, then the worst that willl probably happen is it moans in /var/log/maillog about missing file thus:

Code:
May 10 14:27:18 server1 postfix/postalias[2948]: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory
This error doesn't appear anywhere in my /var/log/maillog log file.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11th May 2013, 21:09
monkfish monkfish is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Could have sworn when you create your first REAL list (not the mailman admininsitrative list) it populates that file...

...off to check...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11th May 2013, 22:40
Hairy Hairy is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
Could have sworn when you create your first REAL list (not the mailman admininsitrative list) it populates that file...

...off to check...
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3

Please make sure that you follow the guide EXACTLY as it is written, that way you can properly produce the error that cmsits is referring to, and the two errors that I am referring to in the log.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th May 2013, 00:01
monkfish monkfish is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Hows about this:

If you run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases you should find the files aliases and aliases.db are populated correctly in /etc/mailman.

I got an error when I ran this as /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py has an empty DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE on line 76.

I set DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en' and the script ran producing the above files which will resolve the errors seen.

However, this appears to insert similar aliases as described in the howto when editing /etc/aliases.

Which, in turn, begs the question, should that step be reworked instead of altering aliases file running genaliases instead? At this point think we should refer to the developers for some input as to the interaction between mailman and the ispconfig configuration scripts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th May 2013, 00:22
Hairy Hairy is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
I set DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en' and the script ran producing the above files which will resolve the errors seen.
That is correct.

Keep in mind that you CANNOT add the 'en' BEFORE installing ISPConfig as ISPConfig overwrites the file with a new one of it's own when you install ISPConfig. Threfore, that answer cannot prevent the error that displays on the screen during the ISPConfig install.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th May 2013, 11:45
monkfish monkfish is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I'd look at something like "touch /etc/mailman/aliases" then "newaliases /etc/mailman/aliases" to create blank db file then, if all you're after is not seeing the error on the screen during installation.

At the end of the day, it doesnt prevent correct installation and operation of ISPConfig.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th May 2013, 12:27
cmsits cmsits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

Could you take a look at this thread please as no replys

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61799
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 fresh instalation - email tab is empty artur_gib Installation/Configuration 14 28th January 2014 19:02
All files gone after changing quota to 0 spynode General 17 19th January 2012 14:41
Hosting multiple websites and webmail dmwcool Installation/Configuration 8 30th March 2010 03:15
Problem installing ISPConfig 2 on Centos altaibskt Installation/Configuration 5 26th July 2009 11:31
Problems with installation on openSUSE 10.2 douglaslopezt Installation/Configuration 3 24th August 2007 22:04


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.