Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th May 2013, 23:22

Lightbulb Upgrading ubuntu server and components

Hi Guys,

I have configured ISPConfig 3 to lastest version last month or two and I have a lot of updates in monitor tab and in the future there will be more and more updates. So if I run apt-get update and after that upgrade and there is for example upgrade for postfix, clamAV, mysql, ... can it break my server with ISPConfig? If so, can I run re-sync of updated components via ISPConfig and it take correct actual configuration for my server?

Understand me that only what I want is to upgrade everything and keep it working.

Guys how you handle upgrades and keep stable system with components of ISPConfig?

Thank you for clarification.

MyKE
Sponsored Links
Old 12th May 2013, 17:19
HowtoForge Supporter

To keep you system updated run:

Code:
apt-get upgrade
If you have any problems with ISPConfig 3, or want to update ISPConfig 3, simply download the latest tar.gz file from ispconfig.com, extract it, enter the install folder and run:

Code:
php update.php
During the update you can reconfigure all services, the SSL if you choose, etc...

Keep in mind that it is possible that something might get broken in upgrading your base system, and this is why it's important to run a dev server, so you can resolve these issues before making updates to your production servers.