Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th May 2013, 17:34

Default Swift Mailer's Swift_SendmailTransport fails

Hello!

I'm trying to get PHP to send email messages using Swift Mailer 3.0.0. This library can use three transport methods: SMTP, sendmail and PHP mail() function.

The sendmail methods fails in my PHP script, and I get this message in /var/log/mail.log:

Code:
May  6 16:47:13 ubuntu postfix/smtpd[6617]: fatal: open /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf: Permission denied
Here are mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf permissions:

Code:
-rw-r-----   1 root postfix   224 2009-12-11 15:26 mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf
If I make mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf readable by everyone, everything runs fine, but I don't know if it's a "clean" solution.

I'm also considering adding the website's user (webXX) to the postfix group, which would probably fix the problem as well.

Do you have any advice regarding this issue? What would be the best way to solve it? If it's possible, I would like to find a solution which doesn't require to make manual changes to the file permissions for every user needing it.

(Note: PHP runs using mod_fcgi and suexec.)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links