Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th April 2013, 05:33

Default Change from Dovecot to Courier-imap

Is it possible to simply change the web interface (System -> Server Config -> my.server -> Mail -> POP3/IMAP Daemon) from Dovecot to Courier-imap, after installing the courier-imap packages, and expect it to work?

I guess not because I am seeing these erros and googling seems to indicate it's something to do with dovecot rather than postfix. I can't find a tutorial for a recent Ubuntu + courier-imap so I guess I will have to follow the older Debian one.

Code:
Apr  9 03:21:17 g1 postfix/smtpd[5616]: warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: Connection refused
Apr  9 03:21:17 g1 postfix/smtpd[5616]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Apr  9 03:21:18 g1 postfix/master[2038]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 5616 exit status 1
I really just want to use maildrop instead of sieve for local delivery so I can add Dspam for extra spam filtering as the default spamassassin settings are only about 80% effective but I'm used to 99% filtering with Dspam.

Any suggestion how best to swap, without a complete reinstall, from Dovecot to Courier-imap for the purpose of using Maildrop to add Dspam filtering?
Sponsored Links