Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th April 2013, 04:58
HowtoForge Supporter

Unhappy Websites works locally but not from the outside! I call upon the Experts to do magic

Hi,

I will try to explain my problem to the letter. Right now I would just like an answer if it is possible to do what I am trying to do at all

Here's some info:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Service Information:
Fast Internet Line/Used only for Internet-Server.
Static/Fixed public IP
All ports opened in router --> server ip number (local ip)
Primary nameserver --> ns1.mynameserver.tld
Secondary nameserver --> ns2.somedanishdomainservice.tld

NAT/Firewall (But open and portforwarding all to myserveripnumber)

System Information:
Ubuntu Server 10.04
ISPconfig 3 v.3.0.5.2
Single Server Setup (running primary nameserver)
Tutorial: The Perfect Server - ISPConfig3 - Ubuntu Server 10.04:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...nx-ispconfig-3
Downloaded Manual for ISPConfig3 by Falko Timme
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Followed the tutorial:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...nx-ispconfig-3

Followed the tutorial:
http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_...domain_schlund

So I have my own primary nameserver - but with a local ipnumber instead of a public ip number. Isn't it possible? My primary nameserver has been approved by the danish top level domain provider (dk-hostmaster.dk) and all domains are setup to ns1.myprimarynameserver.tld (ispconfig3) and ns2.somedanishnameserverservice.tld and this works as well. But when using the fixed ipnumber in my nameserver's A-records I can't reach the websites. But changing to myserverslocalip makes the websites work locally. I have been triyng, reeding and requesting anywhere to solve this problem. Is there someone of you Experts that will look into my problem and help me solve this? I will be standing by for 36 hours straight, ready to answer any question there may be.
I am so much looking forward to program my new internetshop. Please help me get the server to run

I will insert some additional information below. First the A-records for the domain that is used for the nameserver. The nameserver is therefore hosting its own domain, just as described in the second tutorial above. A-records which make the website reachable locally, not from the outside:

A mydomain.tld. 192.168.1.200 0 3600
A mail 192.168.1.200 0 3600
A ns1 192.168.1.200 0 86400
A www 192.168.1.200 0 3600
MX mydomain.tld. mail.mydomain.tld. 10 3600
NS mydomain.tld. ns1.mynameserver.tld. 0 3600
NS mydomain.tld. ns2.somesecondarydns.dk.0 3600

Here's proof that the websites works after changing A-records to the local serveripnumber ! But only locally, not from the outside.

Welcome to your website!
This file may be deleted or overwritten without any difficulty. This is produced........