Old 29th March 2013, 20:32
HowtoForge Supporter

Default 3.0.5.2 minor issues

Hello,

Using CentOS 6.4 x86_64 installationm a few issues with ispconfig 3.0.5.2 I have not come across before, wasnt sure whether to put as separate issues but here they are:-

- modifying server config/mail settings results in an error "Please specify valid RBL hostnames" if that field is left empty. eg. I move /var/vmail to a different volume /data/vmail and update the location in ispconfig system >> server config ?? mail. When I hit save I get the above error if RBL field is empty.

- php_open_basedir
On a new installation it appears "/usr/share/php" is repeated twice in web domain options PHP open_basedir.
On an upgrade it appears that the new functionality for "private" folder is not added into php_open_basedir, nor if tools >> resync websites is run.

- dovecot
again on new install of x86_64 version, dovecot fails to start complaining of missing files. I think there might already be another post on this.

ln -s /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
ln -s /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf /etc/dovecot.conf

fixes the issue.

- monitoring / mail
Would it be possible to "split" monitoring of mail services into something like secure/non-secure. eg with using courier I only use IMAPS/POP3S and disable the non-secure protocols from starting. ispconfig however reports there is an error as its expecting both secure/nonsecure to be present. Any way of enabling/disabling?

Thanks for looking and Thanks for ispconfig!

Last edited by monkfish; 29th March 2013 at 20:45. Reason: typed version wrong in title whoops
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:02

RBL is Realtime Blackhole List, providers which protects spamlist up-to date, so you can add:
Code:
zen.spamhaus.org
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:07
HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, that I know.

I was raising the fact that is is REQUIRED to be filled in if you use that page to modify any other settings.

If, for example, an ispconfig machine is being used for intranet purposes it will not need any real-time blocking of outside emails.

I still believe there is a minor logic flaw on that page?
The Following User Says Thank You to monkfish For This Useful Post:
Hairy (4th April 2013)
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:15

It's good question, maybe in next update it will be set as optional option. Maybe when you set it to 127.0.0.1 or localhost it disable that option...
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,420 Times in 4,262 Posts

Please note that only issues that were reported in the bugtracker gets tracked and fixed in the next release. So if you want to report a bug, please post it to the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org
Old 4th April 2013, 09:47
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
Yes, that I know.

I was raising the fact that is is REQUIRED to be filled in if you use that page to modify any other settings.
Quote:
I still believe there is a minor logic flaw on that page?
It's certainly a logical flaw. I have the same problem. Once you click the 'Mail' tab in the server configuration, you're control panel starts throwing errors and becomes stuck on that page. From there, you cannot change tabs to the other settings, even if you are NOT changing any values in the Mail tab. The only way to get unstuck from that page is to click on one of the main tabs in the topmost navigation bar. Even then, some of those tabs don't respond on the first click, and you must click them a second time.

Thanks for bringing up this problem along with all the other things that I have reported in the forums for CentOS 6.4 Perfect Server with ISPConfig.

Maybe someone will start posting all these things in the bugtracker that till is referring to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy For This Useful Post:
monkfish (13th May 2013)
Old 13th May 2013, 00:05
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Please note that only issues that were reported in the bugtracker gets tracked and fixed in the next release. So if you want to report a bug, please post it to the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org
Revisiting this one, I shall enter a bug report.

Thanks for ispconfig!