Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st April 2013, 21:56
HowtoForge Supporter

Smile

Hi Darin,

It shouldn't be a problem because I'm only running primary nameserver like in this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_...domain_schlund - and like in this tutorial I'm using a domain hosting service as secondary nameserver. Actually my nameservers were the only thing working proberly. Testing on the IP that is. The nameserver answers just fine. Its the other things: mails incomming (pop3/IMAP) and websites that teased me.
Now I am almost through with the reinstallation using the domain registrated for use as nameserver/webserver etc.
More to come.. Its a little difficult some times, this using a forum, a lot gets lost in translation. By the way, I'm from denmark, copenhagen area.. Which country are you from? I'm just a little nosy you know, its fun to know where the people you are talking to are sitting on the globe

Returning after reinstallation completed - and the nameserver records re-done

PS! This was one of my issues before "killing" the server - and doing a reinstall
These fail messages was prompted after an update:

* Stopping Courier IMAP-SSL server imapd-ssl
...done.
* Starting Courier IMAP-SSL server imapd-ssl
...done.
* Stopping Courier POP3 server...
...done.
* Starting Courier POP3 server...
...done.
* Stopping Courier POP3-SSL server...
...done.
* Starting Courier POP3-SSL server...
...done.
* Restarting web server apache2
[Fri Mar 29 21:24:28 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Fri Mar 29 21:24:28 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Fri Mar 29 21:24:29 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Fri Mar 29 21:24:29 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
... waiting ...done.
Restarting ftp server: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-mysql-virtualchroot -l mysql:/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf -l pam -u 1000 -8 UTF-8 -H -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -A -D -b -E -B
Update finished.

Kind Regards,
Dan
Sponsored Links